You will need to test different types of slipcovers while you are looking for one to cover your sofa. You will come to know many essential things regarding sofa covers which will eventually help you in:
- Choosing the right covers
- Styling it perfectly with accessories and
- Adding a new meaning to your home décor blending it correctly with the existing one.
These covers will protect your sofa from spills and stains and also spruce up your home without having to change the furniture that you have been using for years. The readymade slipcovers will provide you with an affordable means to cover and protect your assets.
The things that you will come to know while shopping for these slipcovers include:
- You must consider the style, size, and shape of your sofa to choose the most suitable one. You will also need to consider the back cushions attached to it along with the size and shape of the arms of the sofa.
- You will need to set it up properly to fit it right on your couch as well. If there are wrinkles, you will need to iron or steam it before putting it on.
- Knitted slipcovers are much better than the woven ones when it comes to a tighter fit and if you want a tailored look.
You must choose a slipcover considering the use, wear, and tear factors. If you et drink and sleep on the sofa, with your family and kids(!), go for a durable and stain-resistant slipcover such as polyester slipcovers instead of cotton ones.
Making your sofa cover
It is easy to revive your old couch by using sofa covers, especially when you find that you have a tight budget to afford a new one right now. You can buy a new set of covers or make your own to revive your worn-out sofa. Once again, you will need to test different types of covers to find the best one.
Making your sofa covers is the least inexpensive way to customize it exactly the way you want. Choose the color and fabric you want, cut it and either tuck it or sew it and you are done. You can even add a few embellishments to give your covers a unique look.
To make your sofa cover, the tools that you will need include:
- Sewing measuring tape
- A pair of scissors
- Sewing machine
- Cardboard tubes
- Straight pins or hardy safety pins.
If you want a no-sew sofa cover, you can use a drop cloth. This is a cheap fabric and needs no specific skills to cut them and tuck them inside the edges.
The styling tips
Finally, you will come to know the sofa styling tips, including tucking and others, that will make the covers look fabulous. You will know how you can use the extra fabric, tucking it using a tuck-in tool and mix and match different fabrics for that added beauty and statement. You can even use these slipcovers on leather sofas that come with loose back pillows.
The ideal highlights to beware of with the couch covers:
Looking through the web will let you run over such a large number of couch covers. Some are explicitly intended for sectional couches. Presently, the greatest concern is to pick the best one among the parcel. Rumored focuses will give you couch covers in numerous surfaces, styles, and hues. You get the opportunity to pick whichever one appears to be ideal.
• Reliable couch spreads will be skin-accommodating and hypo-unfavorably susceptible. That is to say, on the off chance that you have individuals with touchy skin at home, kids, or even pets, these spreads will work out incredible for them.
• Remember to check if your chose couch spread is waterproof or not. Generally, the textures utilized for assembling covers are not water-safe. In this way, be exceptionally cautious and have a go at maintaining a strategic distance from fluid spillage.
• Look in for the sectional couch covers, which come convenient with simple support and care. The greater part of the presumed covers are machine launderable and in cool water. Thus, you don’t need to wash the spreads by hand. Simply wash them independently at delicate cycles